• UPDATES
    June 13, 2014
    Hey guys! The activity check is officially over. Any accounts that did not reply have been deleted. Thank you all for checking in and staying active! Also just a heads up, in case you missed it. We've added some new information to the JUNE ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD so be sure to check it out. ^.^

June 05, 2014
    Happy two month Chaliceversary! Chalice is officially two months old! In honor of this milestone, we've got some cool stuff going on. You can get the rundown in our ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD! First and foremost, if you haven't already we encourage you all to enter the CAPTION CONTEST! The deadline for submissions has been extended. Secondly, we are running our first ACTIVITY CHECK! Please reply in order to save your characters. Accounts not accounted for will be deleted at the end of the check. Finally, we've introduced a new sub-plot feature to the site known as the DEVILS PIT. It is an illegal shifter fight ring set on the shore of Boston.

May 15, 2014
    First and foremost, Chalice 2.0 reached its one month anniversary on May 5th! We would love to thank all of our fabulous members for making the last month as awesome as it possibly could have been! <3 Secondly, we are having a CAPTION CONTEST [click!]! With the college semester wrapping up we thought we'd give you guys a fun break from all the stress. Submissions are open until May 31st and voting will begin on June 1st.

April 5, 2014
    Chalice 2.0 is now officially open! Your admins would like to give a warm welcome to those of you who are new to the site, as well as those who may be returning. A few things have been tweaked, so be sure to read up on all the important information before registering. Also be sure to say hello in the cbox, or just ask any questions you may have. We can't wait to get started!

March 27, 2014
    We are proud to announce that Chalice is undergoing renovations! Should everything go according to plan, we plan to reopen sometime in April or May! Keep your eyes peeled for more announcements to come! Here's to the future, Chalice 2.0!

January 24, 2014
    Chalice closed due to the struggles of real life for both admins.

September 05, 2013
    It is with great pride and pleasure that we finally declare Chalice 1.0 to be open to the public! Welcome welcome one and all! After several months of hard work and dedication, the building process is finally complete. Have yourselves a look around, pop into the cbox and say hi, and most importantly, have fun. We look forward to meeting all the new faces and hope you come to love the site as much as we do. <3
    STATISTICS
    Species                             Male         Female
    Humans                               02              03
    Werebear                             03              01
    Werecat                               03              02
    Werefox                               00              00
    Werewolf                              02              02
    Total                                    10              8
    Packs                               Male         Female
    Lunar Titan Pack                   06              04
    CAPE HAVEN, MA
    Welcome to Cape Haven, a sleepy little town tucked away on the Massachusetts peninsula! Like many New England towns, it sees its fair share of sun and snow. Unlike most, it's got an large population of werecreatures roaming about its streets. Between the local university and the picturesque view, all sorts of folks are drawn into the warm embrace of Cape Haven. The question is, what are they? Better yet, what are you?
  • THE STAFF
    SPOTLIGHTS
    MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    NAME

description here description here description here description here description here description here description here description here description here description here description here description here description here description here description here

FEMALE OF THE MONTH
    NAME

description here

MALE OF THE MONTH
    NAME

description here

COUPLE OF THE MONTH
    NAME & NAME

description here

Add Reply
New Thread

Tonnerre, Leah Marie, human l 23 l Lauren Hudson
Leah Marie Tonnerre
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 10:25 PM
"My little sister turned into a panther right before my eyes and attacked me. You do NOT scare me."
Group Icon

Sporty
1 posts

Leah Marie Tonnerre
I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to Heaven
lauren hudson
Human
Twenty-three
Nurse

How should I do this, introduce you to the world that is my life? Paint a picture? Write a book? I'm afraid that they would both be rather dreadfull and dulll compared to others, for my life isn't all that exciting. If my life was a book I wouldn't think of myself as the main character - that spot belongs to my sister, Emily. I'm more of a minor character, perhaps her foil even. After all, while Emily is confident and charismatic, I am more bookish and not as charming. I am not a leader, but a follower. I am only human, while Emily is not.

I was five years old when my parents adopted Emily. No, she is not my blood sister, her mother having been a friend of my dads since elementary school. However, when her mother died (and her father unknown), it was only natural for my parents to take her in. She was barely three at the time, so she hardly remembers anything from that time, but I do. There was suddenly another person sleeping in my bedroom (we had been living in a 2 bedroom apartment at the time) and playing with my toys. And while some only children who suddenly found themselves with a sibling might of gotten mad at having to share things, I was too facinated with her. In fact, I would often give her my toys, piling them around her.

Emily and I were inseperatable, being each other bests friends. Despite the fact that I was older than her, Emily was a natural leader and took charge, with me happily following along. Oh, how much trouble we would get into! Emily was such a wild child, but due to her charisma would always get away with things that still baffle me today. Had I tried half the stuff she did, I would of been grounded for life! And I have to admit, I was very much jealous of her, for she was allowed to do things I couldn't. I needed to be the good girl, the responsible one. After all, someone needed to be able to watch out for Emily and to patch her up whenever she got hurt which was often. Like I said before, she was a wild child. Often climbing up and down trees like a squirrel, getting into things that she shouldn't. It was not uncommon for Emily to be covered in bruises, cuts, and scrapes that I had covered in band aids.

Because big sisters always look after their little sisters.

It was when I was 15 and she 13 that my parents decided to tell her about her mother and that she was adopted. And it had gone horribly, Emily's temper flaring out as she yelled and screamed. She had gone running outside, even though it was late at night with the only sourse of light coming from the full moon. I had run after her, my heart going out to my sister and worrying in what she may do. She turned on me, furious at me for knowing but never telling her. She screamed and yelled at me, screaming on how I wasn't her sister and that she hated me. I had never seen her so angry before, but I continued to talk to her, telling her that I loved her and that she was still my baby sister.

The last thing I remember from that night was my sister dissappearing and there being a panther attacking me, clawing at me. I think I went into a state of shock or blacked out or i'm simply repressing the memories of that night. The next thing I knew, i'm at the hospital and my mother is crying as the nurses and doctors try to sew me back together. I had thrown my arms up to protect myself, which is what probably saved my life. However, my arms were heavily scarred from the attack. My mom had been a mess, crying the entire time while my dad had gone searching for Emily along with some police officers. After all, there was a panther on the loose who had just attacked one daughter. Who knows what it could have done to the other?

It took them two days to find Emily, and by the time they brought her home I was sure of only one thing: Emily had been that panther. I don't know how, exactly, but I just know that it was her. When Emily came into our room, she saw my bandaged arms and burst into tears, those tears confirming my suspison on that Emily had been the panther. She apologized, blubbering on how she hadn't meant to hurt me and that she didn't know what had happened and that she was scared. Now, for Emily to say that she was scared for big, for Emily was fearless. Things had to be serious for Emily to admit her fear. I comforted her, my poor baby sister, and told her everything was going to be okay. It was then that I started doing research.

By the time I left for college, I could of written a book about all the different myths behind were-creatures, especially werecats. Emily and I suspect that either her mom or unknown father had been one, passing on the gene to her. The extreme emotions Emily had felt that day must of trigger a shift. I had Emily start to practice shifting, with I covered for her during the full moon. We also worked on some calming techniques to keep her from accidently shifting and hurting anyone. I wore short sleeves during these practices, to remind Emily what could happen. Yes, some may call this tactic unfair, but it had to be done. We couldn't risk her accidently attacking anyone again. By the time I left, both of us were confident that Emily would be okay without me there.

Four years of college flew by me quickly, and before I knew it I was a nurse. I had been wanting to be one ever since that night at the hospital, where they had worked on my arms and comforted me and my mother. From there I took up a job offer at a hospital in Cape Haven, Massachusetts. It's a new chapter of my life, one where hopefully I will be the main character of.

SPORTY | CENTRAL | 10+

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Thread

skinned by elle of shine
mini profile hover by lauz @ shine
slider code by RING WING @ TYMPANUS
chalice © `naliduck & nicci 2013-14

RESOURCES & AFFILIATES
Candyland Couture RPG-D emPOWERED
RPGD Topsites Chalice Chalice Chalice Chalice Chalice Chalice
Black & White Chalice Chalice Chalice Chalice Chalice Chalice Chalice